Tuesday, August 24, 2010

BROTHERS!!!

Now that Connor is pulling up and standing and crawling like a champ, the kid won't leave his brother's side. He loves watching Ben and likes to try to do everything  he is doing. Sometimes Ben is nice but most of the time Ben will shove him away like when he is playing with his train, eating, or playing with balls. Otherwise they are chasing each other though the house and climbing under the table together or in the bath and on the bed. It is quite fun to watch!

So what has been going on with us? - in brief

BEN:
Soccer season has officially started. They had a 1-0 win over Mercer on Saturday. The team looks great! They do have morning practice so he is out the door every morning by 6:00. Ben (husband) started school last week...WHAT? Yes, that is not a type-o. He is back in school getting a second masters in Sport Psychology. To cool and it is perfect for him.

MELISSA:
I am trying desperately to get a different job. I just cannot handle the stress of this ER here. It is crazy busy and I admit it, I just cannot handle it. I think it is my personality type. I like to be organized and in control and this place it just ridiculous. Sooo, there is this new Interventional Cardiologist in town (who happens to be my neighbor) and slowly but surely we are meeting here and there and working out the kinks to get me as an office nurse in his office! This would be an amazing opportunity so cross your fingers and say some prayers! I cannot keep working 11 to 11 but staying 2 hours late and leaving after 12 and the 3p to 3a shifts....uuugh no more thank you!

WEE BEN:
He is finally starting to figure the whole talking thing. Still to darn stubborn to repeat anything though. The pediatrician is not too concerned about it. He says some kids just take longer. Plus he is talking non stop, you just cannot understand a darn thing he says. He has surprised us by how brave he is at the pool. We are not allowed to catch him when he jumps in. He loves going under the water. This has also kept his sinus's clear so that has been awesome. Since all of the traveling, he is also a pain to put down at night, this is no fun for any of us so we are working on this. Although he is usually asleep by 8:45 so cannot complain too much. Oh and he loves his brother :)

BIG NON:
Still just a great, happy, easy baby. Although he is not sleeping through the night yet. He started off as a great sleeper and now he wakes up more at night than ever! We have been enabling this behavior though because I have either been home alone and too tired to stay up and get him back to sleep and it is just sooo much easier to give him a bottle...but that has changed and now we just cross our fingers and hope that he does not wake up his brother.  However Saturday he came down with and has been fighting his first ear infection so back to the comforting 3:00 bottle it has been since he has also been up at 12 and 4 and 5....  His 9 month appt is next week so I will have more to say then!

"Lita" also came this weekend!!! So fun to have her. We shopped around town and she baby sat the kids and Ben and I had TWO date nights in a row!!! Come ANYTIME you want mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment