Monday, January 4, 2010

WELCOME TO TEAM FREAKLEY!

I am keeping it short and simple tonight because it is late and I know Connor is going to wake up any second!

Sadly my parents left. It was great hanging out with them and for two whole weeks! Today I was alone with the boys for only the second time and man I would do anything to have their help again! Thanks for all you did mom and dad!
































We met up with the all of the Freakley brothers in Harrison and played in the mall. Little Ben had a blast riding the merry-go-round with cousin Daniel and all of his uncles:














For new years all the Freakley brothers and wives/girlfriend's (minus Drew) and a few other friends went to DC and ate at Fogo de Chao. For those of you who do not know if it you must try it. It is an all you can eat meat fest. Delicious...but $75 a person. It was a blast for all but Ben. He got a little too excited he ate too fast and got meat lodged in his esophagus after his 4th bite literally :( So he paid about 20 bucks a bite! Here is the gang:














We made it back to Stuart and Katie's about 5 mins before the ball dropped and surprisingly the little guys awoke out of the blue for the excitement and kisses...and then we could not get Ben back down until well after one o-clock.

The next day we all hung out together. Here is a pic of the boys being swung in a blanket:


















Then back home and all doing well. Connor is still sleeping TONS and growing like crazy. Brother Ben does not forget he is in the house. No matter where I try to hide sleeping Connor from him he always finds him! He has been very sweet to him however to his parents it is another story-lots of surprise face slaps and thigh punches.


















There are tons of additional pictures on shutterfly (especially of Connor).

Other little bits of news:
We decided to cancel our direct TV and continue with life with out one! I am super excited. There is so much we can do at night instead of sitting on the couch. Read, work out, play games, clean, go to bed early...

Ben is going to start a blog to tell you all about our new lives without TV. I'm sure it will be entertaining!

I also made a big announcement today that I am not going back to work at the school. Yes, I am going to be a stay at home mom. It was hard to tell the school because I have loved it and everyone there (plus I was not there long). Financially it just did not make sense to keep working there and turn around to pay for day care.

Also, the biggest news yet: there is going to be a girl in the destined "boys only" Freakley Family. Stuart and Katie found out they are going to have a girl!!! Yippee :)

I guess this was not short...Connor is a sleeper what can I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment