Ben was out of town for 6 days over the past week. So Lita came over the weekend to help out a bit, we Love Lita! Lita had so much fun with the boys she decided to come back next week too for some of her spring break! Yay Lita!!
Other things that have happened:
Connor had been coughing non-stop and waking up more than usual during the night but he decided to add some wheezing in the mix (this was the Sunday before Ben left town-awhile ago) so I brought him to the ER bright and early because at home treatments were no longer helping. He got a steroid shot and oral steroid and an abx script and inhaled steroids and albuterol..the boy is now better thankfully...but let me tell you he was having some SERIOUS 'roid rage, like he was absolutely possessed. Thanks to that and a little discovery I made is also sleeping better. I was so desperate for anything to work (for him to sleep again) that I tried randomly changing he milk to a lactose free milk...Ta Da! Sleeps like rock now! Woo HOO. Poor guy was having belly aches. Funny thing was that he would immediately stop crying if you gave him a bottle so I was like "well, I guess nothing is hurting him?" But he sure acted uncomfortable, so I went with my gut-no pun intended.
Ben...oah Ben. I took Ben to the ENT again. Yes, a third time. Felt really desperate at this point and pretty retarded for showing up again but it finally worked in our favor. He was the best patient ever, and totally cooperative-I actually looked like a sane mom! Ben did show to have fluid in his ears this time...and did have a positive "conductive hearing loss" again on the hearing test (the first time he did and second time he did not-but I knew he still did just by the way he sounds when he does try and speak). So he has always been approved to have adenoids removed but we held off to see if he would improve on his own and he has not, so now he is going to have the trifecta done...tonsills, adenoids and tubes. Poor boy. We hope this works! We will keep you posted and will choose a surgery date soon.
Ben is also going to be getting special developmental help for his speech delay and social interaction-for lack of communication skills. They are positive though that with correcting the hearing that everything will improve. We sure hope so, it is so sad to know that this trouble has been from the hearing :(
We will keep you all posted on the date we choose for the surgery.
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment